What is it with showers? My 19 year old cousin is getting married and her bridal shower was on Tuesday. We have a tradition at bridal showers to videotape the groom in an interview and then ask the bride how she thinks he responded to the questions. So one question to the groom was..."What are the 3 top things that would make Brooke a good wife?" Then she gets a chance to guess his answer. DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID???? 1- cooking 2- cleaning 3- I can't think of a third, maybe having babies. Do I really need to comment? RIDICULOUS! How can someone go into marriage with such low expectations? Thankfully his answer was quite a bit better. 1- kindness 2- loving 3- (ok, so I don't remember #3, but it was along the same lines). I just don't understand.
PS- Who came up with the idea of bridal showers anyway? Who made it socially acceptable for women to gather and offer congratulations in the form of underwear while all the other women watch?
Friday, November 18, 2005
Another shower story
Posted by Tara Kay at 11/18/2005 11:12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment