Tonight I am sleeping over at a friend's house babysitting her daughter. You see, she called me yesterday and told me she was in the hospital and had been diagnosed with leukemia. I just keep crying and crying. The only time I don't cry is during the hours I've been at the hospital with her the last couple days. She's one of my oldest friends and one of my closest. You know, one of the friends that you know that you would never lose touch with. It all started in 10th grade English class when we were assigned to be parters for a project. We've been through everything together. Boyfriends, broken hearts, marriages, a baby for her, a divorce for me, family events (good and bad), road trips, longer than road trips, and all the other life experiences that happen between the ages of 15 and 28.
I don't even know what to write, really. My heart just keeps hurting and I can't get it to stop. She hasn't died, so why can't I just have faith that everything will be alright? I just think I'm out of faith right now. How can I stop crying?
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Heart Ache
Posted by Tara Kay at 7/16/2006 08:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
TK: It's Janette, and she can do anything. I think she's going to be okay.
I'm in the middle of a book that talks about how resilient the body is, and how it is able to heal itself. I'm gaining more and more faith in healing power, and less and less fear of things like cancer.
Let me know if I can help. I'd love to go visit sometime that you're going...
Post a Comment