I have never been so relieved in my whole life! I'm not sure I failed the bar, and I thought I would be sure of that so I guess that's a good sign. I've had a great weekend. I'm so much happier right now than I have been and I think my ability to cope with the rest of my life has increased dramatically.
I took the bar on Tuesday and Wednesday and IT WAS HARD! But in the end, I am still alive. I drove down to Tucson Monday afternoon and checked into my hotel. I picked up a few things from the store and then studied way too long. I woke up with my stomach tied in knots on Tuesday and headed to the testing center. It was crazy! I'd never seen so many stressed out people in my whole life. Somehow I made it through the 6 hours of essay writing and went back to the hotel. No studying for me. My brain was fried! I watched TV, ate dinner, and went to the pool and hot tub. The next day was equally as tiring. Six hours of multiple choice testing is brutal. It was so hard to concentrate for that long. The essays were exhausting but they were at a much faster pace. We had to write 12 essays in 6 hours so my adrenaline was pumping the whole time. Well, after the test was over I got a little teary eyed as I walked out of the building...not because I was worried about how I did, but because I don't think I'd ever been so happy to be done with something. We'll see how I did in October!
I drove straight from Tucson to the hospital to see my friend. It was so good to hang out with her since I hadn't seen her in a few days. Her husband was there and the three of us played cards for a while. It was super relaxing and a lot of fun.
Thursday, I slept in, then got up to prepare myself for the big day ahead. First stop, nails, pedicure and eyebrow wax. Next, to my mom's to say hi to my puppy for a little while. Then, I went home and layed in the pool. When I tired of that, I cleaned up and met a friend for a matinee showing of "The Devil Wears Prada." I stopped back by my house for a little while until it was time for my massage appointment. After that, to the hospital to hang out with Janette. All in all, it was a wonderful day!
The next day, I tried to catch up on my cleaning but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Thus, I lounged around all day doing pretty much nothing. I did have to take CJ to the vet. (He had been getting these bumps all over his body.) An hour and $110 later, CJ was properly diagnosed and his treatment commenced. Don't worry everyone, he'll be fine. Friday night, I met two friends for dinner and a movie. Dinner was at my favorite restaurant, Oregano's, and we saw "John Tucker Must Die." It was a normal, brainless, high school drama and we all loved it!
Saturday, I finally got around to my cleaning and laundry, which was good. Saturday night, I got a group of about 15 people together for dinner at Buca di Beppo. It was so much fun! It was so good to be out amongst the people again. I spent way too much time locked up in my house while I was studying for the bar.
After church Sunday, Lindsey and I finally went to visit jailbird in prison. We hadn't been able to visit him since he was in county jail in January. It was really good to see him. The whole prison thing was a little freaky. We were subjected to a "sniff search." It's really weird to stand against a fence and let a dog sniff you for drugs. Once we actually got in, it was okay. The visitation was actually fun. They had a big room where everyone was and we played games (Uno and Racko) and just hung out. Sunday night...dinner at my mom's house followed by games with the siblings, then home to go to sleep at a reasonable hour.
MONDAY! Back to work! Yay! I am not being sarcastic by the way. I love my job and have really not been there much in the past 3 months. I was so excited to be back to work and on a full time basis. I got a lot accomplished today and was truly glad to be back. After work, I went straight to the hospital for another rousing game of Phase 10 with my friend, her husband and sister in law. We had a great time. Now I'm home and it's time for bed! (Side note: My friend, the one with leukemia, is doing great. She was pretty sick last week during chemo, but she's feeling much better and has tons of energy. Yay!)
So...moral of today's story: I've taken the bar, I'm still alive, and I'm back in the world with other living people and loving it!
Monday, July 31, 2006
It's Over!
Posted by Tara Kay at 7/31/2006 07:37:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you! I was thinking about you this week and taking the bar, then it reminded me of the summer I dated a guy who was studying for the bar and we never saw each other. Anyway, good luck I hope you pass. :)
welcome back! :)
So, did you pass? :-)
Post a Comment