Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Universe Hates Me #2

I hate all things cell phones! First- background. Remember how my cell phone was stolen, along with my purse, in July? Well I just started using my brother's old, cracked cell phone. I used that for a couple months before I thouhgt it would be a good idea to leave them in my pants pocket and then put it in the washing machinge. On September 4th, I had to purchase a brand new cell phone. Now on to the story...
Saturday morning, September 16, I went wakeboarding with my brother. I had a million things to do, so I had left the lake by about 9:30 am. I was driving out to my aunt's house for breakfast when my urge to use the restroom overcame me and I was forced to stop at the next QT. I parked, and carrying my keys and cell phone, made a dash for the bathroom. Now by this point, I had to go so badly that I was dancing around trying not to wet my pants. I was still wearing my swimsuit and wet board shorts. Now it may be possible that I have grown a bit and my wet board shorts were a little bit stuck as I was trying to take them off. Well, as I was yanking them down, doing the potty dance, my cell phone jumped straight out of my hand and into the toilet. Seriously??? Well long story short, I drove straight to the Verizon store and forked over another $200 for my 4th phone in 4 months because I declined the insurance. Clearly, I have money to burn!

Moral of the story...buy cell phone insurance and don't wear tight, wet board shorts.

2 comments:

Mrs Andy said...

A very similar thing happened to me as well. I put my very small and very new phone in my coat pocket and then washed it. My husband kept saying the dryer was making weird sounds and I was in denial. Anyway, he opened up the door and fished out my very clean, but very unoperational phone. And like you I had to go and buy a new phone. But I did learn, that phones at places like Best Buy are cheaper than the Verizon store. Sorry to hear your saga....Oh and I'm on blogger now... :)

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL

That's funny!