Thursday, April 03, 2008

Things I do that drive my husband crazy...

Lately, I've been invading the garage a lot to work on a couple of house projects like building a kitchen island and cutting and painting beams to update my kitchen lighting a little. My sweet husband is pretending that it's okay with him and that he likes spending time with me, but I can tell I'm driving him insane. So to honor his patience with me, I thought I would write out a list of things I know drive him crazy, yet he rarely ever comments on. I love you babe!

1. I use all his tools and never put them back where they go. I usually try to clean up my sawdust, tools, etc., but never do it the way he would.

2. I invade his garage space with my projects, then boss him around telling him how he can be of assistance to me.

3. I leave all of my grooming products all over the bathroom counter constantly. Seriously, you can barely see the countertop.

4. I jack his side of the bed all the time and leave my stuff on his night stand. Sometimes I take a shower then lay on his pillow and get it wet right before we go to bed. I don't do this on purpose, but sometimes I do it nonetheless.

5. If I do lay on my side of the bed to read or do whatever before he comes to bed, usually CJ (our smallest dog) lays on his side and leaves behind special dog hair on his pillow.

6. Everytime he makes a bowl of popcorn, I usually eat it all before he gets a chance to.

7. I leave my shoes everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! I don't know why, but I just kick them off wherever and whenever I feel like it.

8. I lose things all the time and then ask him where I put them (mostly my keys and cell phone). Usually this is how it goes "Babe, have you seen my _________? Oh, nevermind, here it is." That happens at least once a day.

9. I do not have the same sense of home security that he does. Sometimes I leave doors unlocked and have even left the garage door open when I left for work once or twice.

10. I ask a lot of questions about everything. He calls it nosy.

11. Every time we go through a drive-thru, it takes me FOREVER to decide what I want, even if we've been there 100 times. Also, I always have special requests and hardly ever order straight from a menu without substitutions or changes.

I'm sure there are a hundred more that I don't even know drive him crazy, but I wanted to publicly thank him for loving me anyway! I bet he didn't know what he was getting into when we got married.

7 comments:

Mindy Rule said...

Wow, we certainly have a lot in common! Haha..especially the tool thing, and the shoe thing..and the losing things thing...gee..there are a lot that I am sure drives Dave crazy too! You are so funny, I love reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your husband doesn't mind any of those things. He's such a great guy I doubt little thiings like that would have any impact on him. You guys are so lucky to have such a special relationship. Love you Sugar.
SD

Allison Nelson said...

Tara, your blog is fantastic and I enjoy reading your posts! I especially enjoyed the 101 list. :) Whatever happened with the choir you tried out for - did you make it? ally

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing at Drive-Thru's and it drives John crazy! I'm glad you found a good husband to put up with all your quirks. :)

Jamelle Kelly said...

You seem a lot like Jeff!!!

Pam Price said...

First off, I love this blog...I can so relate. Also, I stalked your blog through Holli's blog. And I'm adding you to my list of friends on my blog. I hope you don't mind :)

hillari said...

I totally related to the wet head on my husband's pillow thing--his side of the bed is just closer!