Where did the days go when you could call your landlord to fix anything wrong with your house/apartment? I think those days went to the same place that my mortgage payment goes every month. Last night, I was lying in bed waiting for Brandon to finish getting ready for bed so we could go to sleep when I heard a loud expletive come from the hallway. I got up to see what was wrong and this is what I found (see picture). Apparently our hallway ceiling had a blister! We climbed up into the attic right above the blister and found a pool of water about an inch deep. It had rained last night, so we though our roof was leaking at first, but the ceiling and insulation above the puddle was dry, so we can now only assume that a pipe broke. It was pretty late by the time we got bowls and towels set up in the hallway and the attic shop vacced out, so we didn't ever identify the source of the water. I guess that's what we have to look forward to tonight. What fun!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi, Tara! I found your blog through someone else and was glad to see you are doing so well! Email me when you get a chance - igetemailed@yahoo.com.
~Amanda (Frandsen) Shepherd
P.S. Same thing happened to our ceiling. It came from the air conditioner... :)
That is awful! I am anxious to see what happens next... Good luck!!
Bummer!!! But, at least you can look forward to seeing us in a couple weeks!
That's HORRIBLE!! I agree...problems like this are much better when you can defer repair to the landlord. So sorry, but hey...at least it's not a roof leak. Good luck fixing it! :)
Aww man! Good thing you guys are good at knowing how to fix things! Hope everything goes smoothly!
That's a pretty cool picture! At least it wasn't some kind of rodent up there...j/k. Did it pop? Hollywood
Post a Comment