Thursday, July 31, 2008

Turning 30

I turn 30 in 15 days. Is it weird that I'm not depressed at all? I was talking to a friend about it this morning and realized I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'm excited that I've made it to 30 (almost) with no regrets. I have had a busy decade of 20's and have more than enough memories and experiences to feel good about the last 10 years. I've been so incredibly blessed. How can I possibly complain when I leave my 20's knowing that I've grown every day, discovering more about who I am, I've travelled, I've been educated, I have had more than one job that I've loved, I've been blessed with a house and all of my temporal needs, I've had a lot of fun, I've formed life long and eternal relationships, and I've married the love of my life.

I imagine my 30's will not resemble my 20's in any way because I'm now embarking on a completely new and exciting stage of life. Plus, I now have someone to share all of my experiences with. How great is that? I hope to look forward to expanding my eternal family and creating an amazing home for my future children, developing talents and exploring new things, becoming a better wife and better person, developing my current and future career options, and being able to use all of those things to contribute more fully and more relevantly to those around me. So no, I'm not in any way sad to conclude this phase of my life because the one ahead is so exciting.

4 comments:

Mindy Rule said...

Cool! Happy early birthday then! My husband is turning 30 on August 6th, so you are close in age.

Cristin said...

You have a good attitude. I was okay with turning 30 also, but when Erik turned 30 last month, he had like some sort of mid-life crisis. I was like, "Hello. It could be worse. You could be unemployed and living with your parents."

Our life said...

hey! i just started a blog! its benandjennperry.blogspot.com!! Will you let Nic and Jackie know I got one also!!!

Derek and Kristen said...

I remembered your birthday all last week. Man I stink! Hope you had a good one.