Monday, September 08, 2008

Trip to Idaho/Utah


I had some extra vacation days to use, so I headed up to Idaho to hang out with my sister and her family. Lorelai is seriously the cutest thing you've ever seen and smiles at least 90% of the time she's awake. We were fast friends and had such a good time. Preston and Emily were incredible hosts and fed me very well. My favorite was the spaghetti with pasta made from scratch. MMMMMM!

Here's Lorelai coming up the stairs to play with Aunt Tara.

See, she's even smiling when Mommy has to pin her down to put a pony tail in her hair.

While I was there, I convinced Emily that we should paint the wall above her fireplace red and make some red curtains for her window. Her whole room was tan- what was I supposed to do? I think I have a home decor illness. Anyway, we had a fun time doing it together and I think it looks great!

After hanging out in Idaho for a few days, we all got in the car and drove down to Utah for my cousin, Jenny's, wedding. We helped my mom with the cake. Jenny wanted it square, pink & black, with stars. Everything that could have possibly gone wrong with the cake did, but here's what we ended up with:

Jenny and I. When did she grow up? Isn't she supposed to still be 10? Geez- must mean I'm getting old!



It was a great trip. The only down side was that Brandon had to stay home and work. :(

1 comments:

Annell said...

When did Emily become old enough to be a mom? Time sure does fly.