I paid someone to stick 17 needles in me yesterday. So I've been having this horrible tailbone pain since about March I think. It won't go away and I think it's getting worse. I've had 4 different doctors tell me they don't know how to help me, so I decided to try acupuncture. Acupuncture is pretty expensive, so I decided to go to a clinic that had students that were supervised by doctors do the sticking, which was much cheaper. The student thing wasn't too bad. I did get to actually meet with the doctor, and the student didn't seem terribly incompetent.
I had acupuncture once before, but it was in China. I was sitting at a conference table in a meeting when one of my Chinese co-workers came up behind me and started sticking needles in my neck and head. I don't remember it hurting at all and it made me feel better. (I had been really sick for a few days.)
Yesterday, however, it kind of hurt. The guy put 17 needles in me - 3 on top of my head, 3 in each hand, and 4 in each leg and foot. Some of them were completely painless, but I have to admit, some of them hurt a little bit. Then they attached some electricity to a few of them. It was kind of bizarre. After it was over, they sent me on my way with some herbs and a follow-up appointment in a week. I have no idea if it will work or not, but I'm kind of out of options. Does anyone have any experience with acupuncture? Your comments would be great!

8 comments:
My Suggestion is to try bigger needles.
I just got your email. Not a big deal that you didn't reply I know the feeling of being busy. Great too hear from you. I added you to my blog lets keep in touch.
Tara! I love blogs too for this exact reason. Ed is doing good in school. He is the SBA president and is also volunteering with the Glendale Police attorney and really likes that.I'm so happy to be done with school.I have never had accupuncture but you'll have to let me know if it works. I'm not against trying it. How are you?
Tara, I used to be VT companions with Whitney Bailey from U8. Anyway, she performed acupuncture on people professionally and was a big believer. I'll be very intereted to see if it works for you. CRAZY. Later chica. Say hi to Linda for me. How's she doing?
SO....did it work???
I've always wanted to do it ... you'll have to let me know if it worked!
Hi Tara, We saw your link on Fawn's blog. Just wanted to say hi. Our kids were helping us (not really, just pushing buttons) and deleted the first comment we made...oops, sorry! Hope all is well. ~The Connolly's
Post a Comment