I've had several people ask me about acupuncture, so here's the update. The first round didn't work at all and round two was a traumatic experience! So I go in and tell them the treatment didn't work at all. They decide to do the same treatment again anyway to see if it just needed a couple of times to work. So they proceed to start sticking me with the same 17 needles as last time, only this time it hurts about 20 times worse!!!! I was actually laying there holding breath and squeezing my eyes closed while tears were streaming down my face. It was HORRIBLE!!! Then as they were finishing poking me, someone came in and said that the doctor changed his mind and wanted to do that treatment for about 5 minutes and then try something else. Well the something else consisted of me derobing, turning over on my stomach so that only my entire behind is showing while another doctor put about 15 more needles in my lower back and tail bone and a couple in my legs and behind my knees. This was actually much, much less painful. In fact, I hardly felt it. The horrifying part was that all of the students came in to see this go down! I could have died. I was just thankful that I was lying face down so none of them could see my face. After they took those needles out, they suctioned a glass cup to my tailbone for a while (called "Cupping") to stimulate my chi. The whole experience took about 2 1/2 hours and all of my pride and dignity. However, I felt great. It reduced my pain a lot and I was happy to go back again. I couldn't make it back for a couple weeks, but I just went in for my 3rd treatment this week. They did the same regimen as treatment 2, without an audience this time. It was much less painful, but it didn't seem to have the same effect. I will keep going, because I really don't have any other options at this point and it is working slowly. So that's the story...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy cow. You are brave! That sounds completely horrifying!
You have to admit that is kinda funny! Yes a little devastating to have students walk in but it makes for a good story!
I've never tried accupunture. Did they ever comment why it hurt so badly the second time?
Post a Comment