Wednesday, April 05, 2006

DDR

I know it's been forever since I updated. I've been really sad for the last few weeks and didn't want to post depressing stuff, so I abstained. I'm feeling better now, so here goes. I guess there's probably a lot to write about in the last few weeks, but I'm sure I won't remember it all.

The most recent and most exciting piece of news is that I am the recent owner of an Xbox. No, I don't want the Xbox for Halo. In fact I acquired Halo and Halo II, but I'll probably sell them. I had one sole purpose in getting the Xbox. DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. I've only done it twice, but I LOVE IT! I bought the game and two pads last night on E-bay. Words cannot express the level of anticipation I feel at getting that package in the mail. I think it will be a great way to exercise and not realize that I'm exercising. My roommate told me I was unbalanced last night. I just think she's jealous that she won't be the proud owner of DDR.

Maybe my new exercise can help jump start me back on the path of weight loss. I started a new weight loss program back in October and have lost 21 pounds. However, I have completely abandoned it for the last couple months. I haven't gained any of it back, so that's good, but I have another 20-25 pounds to go until I'm happy. Monday was my first day back on the wagon. I haven't been perfect, but have been trying a lot harder. It's amazing how you feel skinnier when you're eating right even if you haven't actually lost more weight yet. I wish I wouldn't have been such a slacker because if I would have stayed on the plan, I would have been at my target weight in about a week. Oh well! Now, I'm just trying to lose as much as possible by graduation and Italy. Wish me luck!

School is coming to a close. I graduate in 5 1/2 weeks. While I'm so excited for this event, it's coming too soon. I feel like I need more time. I have papers to write, finals to study for, work at my job to do, Italy to get ready for, a graduation party to plan, and announcements to get out. AHHHH!!!!

That leads me to my graduation announcements. I got it in my head that regular graduation announcements were stupid...for several reasons. First, they are so normal. There is no personality. Every law school graduation announcement looks exactly like every college graduation announcement which looks exactly like every high school graduation announcement. Law school has been so personal to me that I wanted my announcements to have "TK flare". Second, I'm only sending announcements to my family and close friends. They already know I'm graduating. I wanted it to mean something. Third, I'm revolting against the stupid graduation companies that make up stuff for us to buy. Their announcements are grossly overpriced. So the apparent solution to this problem is to make my own. Geez! What was I thinking? Actually, I'm glad I'm doing it. They have just been more difficult than I anticipated. They are almost done. I wanted to make them more like a thank you note to all those people that have had an influence in my life. I know I'm not the only one that got me to this point. I just hope that the recipient's don't think I'm too cheesy. We shall see.

I found a quote that is particularly applicable to my life. I'm putting it on the outside of my graduation announcements. "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E. M. Forster

4 comments:

holli jo said...

I totally know what you mean about feeling skinnier even before you actually ARE skinnier. That happens to me every time I exercise -- I feel like everyone should notice how good I look!

Also, love the E.M.Forster quote. Glad you're back.

p.s. Come and tan with me. And maybe I need to try out this DDR craze...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are still alive. Happy graduation by the way too. I love the EM Forster quote too, he's one of my favorite authors...I love Room With a View. :)

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I'm the guy that created GeoTrackr, so I found your site.

I haven't admitted to my love of DDR on my blog yet, but you've almost inspired me.

Nice to find another AZ blogger.

Anonymous said...

TK - I have two comments: (1) the graduation announcement was the most beautiful and meaningful one I have ever seen. Thank you. (2) A deceased man in my life once told me not to worry about weight all your life, but to be happy with the shape you were meant to be. It's better than constantly being on a diet, when your personal metabolism may fight you. He was a wise and loving person; and I think his advice is good. Ogden