Sunday, March 12, 2006

Coffee Talk

I went out with a few friends on Friday night. We wanted to do something out of the ordinary so we found this cute coffe shop called Coffee Talk to try out. It was pretty random and quite homey. I loved it. It was a little dull when we first got there, but things picked up after a while. It was just so comfy. A little band of middle aged men came and played. It was nice. So my two friends and I were just sitting at a table chatting when a cute man that was about 120 years old came over to our table. He asked if any of us could dance. Both of my friends pointed immediately to me...not because I can dance, but because they are both terrified of stuff like that. So I asked, "Are you looking for a dance partner?" He said yes, so what was I to do. Of course I danced with him. Keep in mind this was not a "dancing" kind of place. We danced on the tile right in front of the cash register. All the women in the joint were looking at me with this "That is the cutest thing we've ever seen" face. It was actually really fun. So the man asked my name and then I asked his. He responded, "Well let me tell you a story..."
Him: There was this man who had no arms and no legs and he was out in the ocean. What was he doing?
Me: Is your name Bob?
Him: Yes, you're right. He was bobbing!
Me: Do you tell that story often?
Him: As often as I get the chance. You're only about the 4th one to get that.
Me: Laughing right out loud.
It honestly made my night. He wasn't the creepy, dirty old man type. Just super sweet and not a terrible dancer. I gave Bob a great big hug when the song was over.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is THE most adorable thing I've heard in forever! :)