Thursday, May 24, 2007

I said yes!

Brandon finally asked me to marry him last night and guess what? I SAID YES! This may be confusing to most since we've been engaged for three months and our wedding is in 9 DAYS!, but here's the thing... Because of a whole bunch of timing issues and circumstances with the ring, he's never really had the chance to propose. We just kind of decided to get married and then started planning the wedding. So here's how it went...

I came home from work and he greeted me at the door and invited me in. The house smelled wonderful and there was classical music playing. He led me into the living room where the table is. There was a bouquet of roses on the table along with a candle and dinner. Dinner was ribs and mashed potatoes and wow, was it good. After dinner, he served key lime pie. During dessert he got down on one knee and asked me what I had planned for the rest of my life. I told him that I was planning to spend it with him. It was very sweet and very cute. I'm so excited to get married to him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOO Happy for you!! Also very excited about the update on the blog.....I've felt deprived! :-) Can't wait til next Saturday!! Hollywood

Jen said...

I am glad you said yes or that wedding day could have been akward. I am so excited to see you and meet Brandon!

Cristin said...

whew, I bet Brandon was like, "Wow, good thing she said yes since we're getting married in like a WEEK."

Anonymous said...

Tara! This is Marianne (Hardy). I was on my sister-in-law's blog and stumbled onto your blog! How are you? Congrats on getting married---that is wonderful! I would love to reconnect! I am in Mississippi--my husband is going to school at Ole Miss.

Tara Kay said...

Marianne,
It was great to hear from you, but I don't know how to contact you. Do you have a blog? Who's your sis-in-law?

Anonymous said...

What the heck!

I forget to sign on to your blog for a couple of months and you change jobs and get engaged! You are supposed to do this stuff while I'm reading!

In all seriousness, I couldn't be happier for you. Best of luck.

Brad