My gorgeous husband turned 30 on Saturday. It was so much fun. He's not accustomed to the multi-day birthday celebrations that I enjoy, so it was fun exposing him to a new way to do birthdays. Last Sunday was the first celebration...a Miller family gathering at my mom's with his favorite dinner and a cheesecake with 30 candles in it! Then on Friday night, he and I went to Carrabas for dinner to celebrate Brandon's Eve. Yummy! Saturday was his actual birthday and I had a lot of work to do. I've had some problems getting him a present that he didn't find out about. I bought him a miter saw a couple weeks ago, but he found it in my trunk a week before his birthday. Then I was going to buy him an electric razor, but he tried to buy one for himself so I had to tell him that it was one of his birthday gifts. So I tried one last thing. We live in a three bedroom house and we each have our own office. A couple months ago, I decorated my office and I think it looks great. His office was still bare. You see, he and I don't have even close to the same style, so he put most of his stuff in storage. Well I went and got a lot of his stuff out of storage and decorated his office. I made curtains made of tan suede. My dad helped me make wood shelves that wrap up high in the room on three walls and I filled every piece of wall space with his decorations from the dead animal, cowboy, southwest design area. He absolutely loves it. Here are some pictures. Tell me what you think.
Monday, October 01, 2007
30 only makes you more handsome!
Saturday night, we had a bunch of friends over for a barbeque. It was fun and I think Brandon had a good time. Happy 30th Birthday love of my life! It's going to be a great year!
Now here's the job search update: My last day of work was on Friday. I had one interview last week with an investment company that helps facilitate 1031 exchanbe property and land transactions for investors. I have a second interview with them tomorrow for lunch. On Saturday morning, a law firm that I sent my resume to called and said they were in a hurry to make a decision and wanted to interview me that afternoon. I told them I couldn't, but went in for an interview on Sunday after church. I loved the firm and felt like it would be a good match for me. I felt like they liked me too. I got an offer first thing this morning from the law firm. It was for a lot less than I was hoping and it's pretty far away (North Scottsdale), but I told him I needed a couple days to think about it. I could start working this week. We'll see how my interview goes on Tuesday. They pay more, but the work would be all transactional and the hours would be shorter. Plus, there would be no billable hours requirement. On the other hand, I don't know if I'm ready to give up litigation work yet. We'll see. Hopefully I have a job by the end of the week. Wish me luck!
Posted by Tara Kay at 10/01/2007 10:33:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very nice. You've always had an eye for decorating. Good luck on your interview. Let me know how it goes and what you decide!!
The decorating is a really good gift idea! Good luck on your interview. At least it looks like you have options...
Love the "man" office! I'm sure he was thrilled. It's VERY Brandon! You guys are so funny! Hope your interview goes well! :)
Tara, you make me laugh I'm so glad to see you so happy and I love the eve birthday celebration. You did a great job on the room.
Arent you creative! I am going to talk to my husband about this birthday eve thing! Im likin' that idea! Hahaha. :)
That is every mans dream to have a room like that dedicated to all the things they love! Great job!
Post a Comment