Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wedding Report

So I do have a reason I haven't written about my wedding day. I wanted to put up pictures, but I didn't have any yet, so I've been procrastinating. I found some wedding pictures on my photographer's blog so here you go. It was the most perfect day of my life.










We decorated for the reception the night before the wedding. I didn't want the reception to look like it was on a basketball court, even though it was so I had to do some improvising. The reception was held at the oldest LDS church in Mesa. It's an old Spanish-style church with an entrance into an open air courtyard before you get to the doors to the gym. It is so cute. In order to make the gym look like more like a ballroom than a basketball court, I (along with the help of some great friends) strung up white Christmas lights all over the ceiling and then draped a thin cream colored fabric across the whole ceiling to give the illusion of a tent. It turned out so good. My colors were Cranberry Red and Cream. The tables were draped in crushed velvet red tablecloths with mammoth white calla lily centerpieces. It was simple, but classic looking. I loved it. The tables also had candles, a small cream fabric center and red rose petals. There was a dance floor on one side of the room with the tables on the other. The refreshment tables were in the center of the room. I hung clusters of lighted white paper lanterns on each side of the room. Okay, I'm realizing that I'm not describing this very well, but I thought it was perfect and beautiful.

The day was PERFECT! I slept in a little, then got up and Brandon and I went over to my mom's house for a late breakfast. Most of the family from out of town was there so it was good to hang out with everyone. About noon, I went home and took a long bubble bath. At two, my beauty team (THANK YOU ANNELL AND SARA!!!) came over to get me ready. It was so much fun. By the way, Brandon had been staying at my house and I had been staying at Jill's or my parent's house, so Brandon was getting ready in the room down the hall. Then my mom came over and we all left for the temple.
The ceremony was perfect as well. I can't believe they fit so many people in the sealing room. I think there were over 70. In fact, Brandon and I were waiting a floor above the sealing room and could see as everyone was filing into the room. I never thought it would end. The sealer was so sweet and sat and talked to us right before the sealing. I was so overcome with emotion. I had never been happier in my whole life. During the sealing, I couldn't even say "Yes" when I was supposed to because I was crying. I think Brandon thought I was having second thoughts! :) Not really, but I knew with my whole heart that I was marrying the right person in the right place at the right time and that I was the luckiest woman in the universe.

The reception was so much fun! We started with a family and close friends dinner with the most delicious food - chicken cordon bleu, green beans wrapped in bacon, garlic mashed red potatoes and salad and rolls. Yummy! My mom made all the food and it was much better than any caterer. After dinner, the reception started. We decided not to have a line and that was the best decision! We just walked around and talked to people and danced when we wanted to. Because we started everything so late in the day, I wasn't tired and could just enjoy myself. It really couldn't have been more perfect.
After the reception, Brandon's aunt chauffeured us to the hotel in a very expensive Mercedes. All of my siblings and cousins had chipped in to get a room at a nice hotel that they had scattered rose petals and kisses throughout. It was the PERFECT DAY!!!

6 comments:

Cristin said...

Wow, I love those pictures. You are so sassy in them. Wasn't yesterday your birthday? Happy BELATED birthday if I got it right, or happy SOON TO BE birthday if it is upcoming.

Annell said...

It was a very special and fun day. You deserved the best!!

Miller Family said...

You look HOT!! Congrats on your happiest day ever! It was so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tara - this is a wonderful write-up of your wedding. Although I knew most of it from our phone call, it's nice to read it. No detail was spared. Love, G. Lewis

PS - I sign my name as Jessie Bishop (my maiden name) on Google, to protect my identity.

Candace said...

You look so pretty. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Tara you lookso pretty in your pictures! I absolutely love them!