Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Favorite website of the week

I decided a couple weeks ago to begin a more healthy lifestyle starting today. I had a big bowl of gelato last night to prepare! :) Anyway, a friend of mine introduced me to a website over a year ago, but I have only recently fell in love with it. It's Spark People and it's my tool to becoming a better me (and a hot body). For a great new clip about Spark People, click here. This website was created by a really rich guy who made a bunch of money by selling his online auction site to e-bay. He recoups some money from advertisers, but has spent over 5 million dollars of his own money just because he wants to help people! It has everything you could want in the way of nutrition. It helps you count your calorie/fat/protein/carb intake by entering what you eat. It automatically calculates everything for you. You can also enter in recipes and it will figure the nutrition value for you. It helps you figure out how to reach goals with both diet and exersise, even creating a fitness schedule for you with recommended exercises. It will put together meal plans everyday if you want. It tracks your weight and measurements. It makes getting into shape so much fun. Plus it gives you points for doing good things. The points don't really mean anything, but who doesn't like getting points? It's strangely motivating. The best part is that it's all free! Okay, I sound like an infomercial, but I'm so excited about my new goals. I will probably be more successful if I make my goals public, so here it goes. I want to reach my target weight by February 1 (I'm not telling you what that is). I am going to try to work out at least 3 times a week, more if I can. I just want to start being nicer to my body. I'm starting off slow tonight by going to Water Aerobics, but I'll ramp up. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Mindy Rule said...

Hey! I LOVE this website. I have been doing this too, I think it is so fun. My only problem is finding the time to work out. I have my goal weight set to December 1st, so we'll see at the Christmas party how this went for me! We should check in with each other to make sure we are keeping on track. That would be fun.

Miller Family said...

Yay Tara! Glad you got one last Gelato run. You need to go to the gym with me!! Good luck with your goals!

Anonymous said...

You finally see how great SP is! I remember when I wrote a post very similar to yours, and I felt like an informercial too...

I stopped using SP a long time ago, but I started back up a couple of weeks ago. What's your name there? Do you have a page?

I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Model Diet Plan is a good one too. Has similar information and some tips from real models too..