Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Crazy letter

I have this next door neighbor. Let's call him....Walter. He's nice enough, but not so bright and a little on the creepy side. He asked me out several months ago, but we just never got around to going...shoot! Well anyway, he told my mom a while ago he wanted to be with me forever and make little red-headed babies (apparently he doesn't know my red comes from a bottle). Well I pretty much thought he was harmless, especially after I started noticing a new woman at his house a lot. My mom confirmed he had a girlfriend. I'm now out of the Walter woods, so to speak. Or am I? So I walked out to my car Monday morning and noticed something on my windshield. I have a secret confession to make at this point. Often, as I walk to my car, I hope for some little note or card or ANYTHING to be left on my windshield. I don't know why I wish that. It has never happened...until Monday. As I approach my car, I see that the outside of the folded paper says "To my beautiful flower, Tara." It's so sad, but I knew that Walter would be the only one crazy enough to write that. I unfold the paper and find a 4 PAGE handwritten letter. Below are some excerpts:

"The reason I look for so long when you come home is because you are my sunshine. You run shyly, my heart flutters." - What he doesn't understand is that I don't run shyly, I just RUN!

"I was talking to Craig a while back and I understand how you feel about men. But I choose to be different by choice. I know how to love you." - Craig is another neighbor. While I love him dearly and have known him since I was 2, he's as crazy as Walter. What do either of them think they know about how I feel about men?

"I would like to spend more time with you and if the ball bounces right, that time could be forever." - Is he really dillusional?

The funny thing is that our interaction to this point has been so limited that I cannot even imagine where this is coming from. What do I do now? I can't possibly talk to him or face him. I wouldn't have a clue how to respond. So for now, I just hide, duck, and run to and from my car. Should I worry for my safety? Can he possibly be an emotionally balanced person?

2 comments:

John R. said...

I am just oh-so-totally-speechless...

holli jo said...

TK, I think you should be careful. He sounds like a delusional stalker, the real kind. BE CAREFUL!