In my church, we all have what are called "callings." Basically, a calling is the job you are assigned to do in the church, which could be anything from the librarian, to the greeter, to the organ player, to a Sunday School teacher, to the Bishop. You don't get to choose the calling. Instead, the Bishop and his counselors "call" you (with inspiration from God) to a calling. So, after that lenghty explanation, I got a calling today. I've been called to be a Beehive Advisor. Beehive is another name for 12 & 13 year old girls.
What that means is that I teach a lesson on a couple Sundays a month and I attend weekly activities and just generally help out. It also means that I have 13 girls to love now. I'm so excited. They are excited and full of life, and yes, even a little obnoxious, but I think I will have the greatest time. I'm excited to get to know all these girls and hopefully to have some impact on their lives. Wish me luck!
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Beehives
Posted by Tara Kay at 2/04/2007 07:54:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you're gonna be great! congrats on everything. i'm so glad you're back blogging! :)
TK: I have noticed (and appreciated) that you updated. I just haven't had so much time to comment and write in my own blog. Update coming soon, I hope. Cool calling, by the way!
Have fun in the hive. I hope you survive!
Post a Comment