Most of you who read this already know the story of B (that is IF anyone reads it anymore). However, I thought I'd write it down for posterity anyway.
Over a year ago, I met OB at church. OB and I became good friends and eventually OB was assigned to be my home teacher (someone assigned to visit you every month to give you a spiritual message and make sure you're doing alright). Well home teachers come in twos and for some reason, OB needed someone to come with him to home teach me so he brought his friend and next door neighbor B. Now I had never met B, but I had heard about him because my friend had a big crush on him and things didn't really go well, so I had heard about what a jerk he was. Anyway, OB and B came home teaching and we had a great time. B was really funny and I think we became friends.
A couple weeks later, my roomate hired OB to do some electrical work for her at our house and B came along to help. That's when B and I started to get to know each other. I told him what a jerk he had been to my friend and he agreed. After that night, the three of us started hanging out more frequently. At some point during all this, B rekindled things with an ex-girlfriend in Utah and had a long-distance relationship going with her. Since she wasn't in Arizona too often, B had a lot of spare time and he and I continued to be friends. He was around last year for all the main events in my life and helped me celebrate. At some point, he got engaged to the Utah girl.
Well, I bought a house in November and B liked to come over and do a lot of home projects for me. We hung out a lot and spent a lot of time together, but we never crossed any friendship lines. My mom and I were going to drive up to Utah for Thanksgiving and B asked if he could hitch a ride to go see his fiance. We had a ton of fun driving up and I remembering giggling a lot. We also had some really good, long talks about life stuff. When we got up to Utah, I dropped him off at his fiance's house for the week.
The day after we got there, B called to tell me that he was headed home because he and his fiance had broken up. My mom's cousin was driving home the next day, so B caught a ride with him.
When I got home from Utah, B kept coming over to help me with house stuff. One night I was tired of doing projects so I just suggested we make a pizza and watch TV. It kind of started with a joke, but B kissed me in the kitchen while we were waiting for the pizza to cook. At first, I just kind of laughed it off and wondered what that was all about, but we ended up kissing again later when we were watching TV (or supposed to be watching TV). After about 3 days of this, I finally asked what he wanted. That night, we decided to start dating and see where it would lead us.
So two months later, things are wonderful. He treats me like a goddess. He makes me feel like the most beautiful amazing woman in the whole world. He makes me laugh every day. My family loves him. He makes me happy.
Friday, February 02, 2007
The Story of B
Posted by Tara Kay at 2/02/2007 08:39:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's ABOUT TIME!!! It's the only way I get to know what's going on in your life! ;-) j/k Good job on the calling, should be fun! Hollywood
about damn time, tk...
:)
what kind of poor bastard has the initials of "ob?" that's real sad tell you what...
this might just go to show how dumb I am, but I had to read the second anonymous person's post a few times... then I got it. took me a while to get back to junior high, but I got it...
Post a Comment