It was a perfect Thanksgiving weekend (almost). On Thanksgiving day, we just slept in and then puttered around the house. Brandon played with Christmas lights in the garage while I made rolls for dinner. Josh came over and baked a pie. Then we headed over to my parents' house for dinner. Emily and Preston were there with the new baby and it was really nice. My mom does such a great job with everything. The table was so cute. After dinner, we just layed around and took naps or watched a movie. Brandon's mom came over for a little while. It was fun to have her there. Overall, it was just super relaxing!
Friday was good too. We slept in again and I did a little shopping while Brandon got to work hanging Christmas lights. After I got home, I decorated the house for Christmas. We also got ready for our outing the next day. I finished decorating while Brandon and Taylor (Brandon's brother) went out to fetch some ammo, a quad and a fat cat (dirt bike with ATV wheels).
On Saturday, we got up early and drove up to a ranch in Kearny to shoot and ride the quad and fat cat. Brandon and I, Josh (my brother), Paula (Brandon's mom), Hunter and Taylor (Brandon's brothers) and Lynda (my friend) all went. When we first got there, Lynda and I took the quad for a spin while the boys got all the guns out. When Lynda and I got back, I was looking at the fat cat, trying to figure out how it worked. I didn't intend to ride it, but when I kick started it while it was in gear with a stuck throttle, it took me for a ride anyway. Granted, it was a very short and very painful ride. When all was said and done, I am kind of banged up. I came away with multiple small bruises on various parts of my body, a sprained or fractured thumb (I'm not sure which) and a leg injury. I don't know what to call my leg injury. I would call it scratched and bruised, but I'm not sure that would accurately describe it. Here's a picture:

After resting for a little while, I still rode the quad a little bit and did a little shooting. It was all very painful to do, but I didn't want to waste the day. Hopefully I can walk without a limp soon. Even with the injuries, it was a pretty fun day.
Sunday night, we decorated our first Christmas tree. It was a perfect weekend. I'm so excited to spend this Christmas season with my amazing husband. How did I get so lucky?
Friday was good too. We slept in again and I did a little shopping while Brandon got to work hanging Christmas lights. After I got home, I decorated the house for Christmas. We also got ready for our outing the next day. I finished decorating while Brandon and Taylor (Brandon's brother) went out to fetch some ammo, a quad and a fat cat (dirt bike with ATV wheels).
On Saturday, we got up early and drove up to a ranch in Kearny to shoot and ride the quad and fat cat. Brandon and I, Josh (my brother), Paula (Brandon's mom), Hunter and Taylor (Brandon's brothers) and Lynda (my friend) all went. When we first got there, Lynda and I took the quad for a spin while the boys got all the guns out. When Lynda and I got back, I was looking at the fat cat, trying to figure out how it worked. I didn't intend to ride it, but when I kick started it while it was in gear with a stuck throttle, it took me for a ride anyway. Granted, it was a very short and very painful ride. When all was said and done, I am kind of banged up. I came away with multiple small bruises on various parts of my body, a sprained or fractured thumb (I'm not sure which) and a leg injury. I don't know what to call my leg injury. I would call it scratched and bruised, but I'm not sure that would accurately describe it. Here's a picture:

After resting for a little while, I still rode the quad a little bit and did a little shooting. It was all very painful to do, but I didn't want to waste the day. Hopefully I can walk without a limp soon. Even with the injuries, it was a pretty fun day.
Sunday night, we decorated our first Christmas tree. It was a perfect weekend. I'm so excited to spend this Christmas season with my amazing husband. How did I get so lucky?
3 comments:
That's one awesome bruise. I hope you're feeling better!
How are you feeling? Better I hope? See you on Sunday! :D
Oh man ... that's quite the bruise! I hope it's better by now! You two are just so cute! I hope you have a great first Christmas together! I'm sure it'll be just perfect!
Post a Comment